Friday, January 3, 2014

Introduction

I had the idea to create this blog about two years ago while I was driving around Hawaii. I was trying to decide what ebook I should download next from a fairly long list of the classics, when I realized I didn't even know for sure which ones I had read and which ones I hadn't. I mean, everyone knows what Jane Eyre, or The Secret Garden, or The Picture of Dorian Gray is about. And if you're like me, you've tracked down the movies and read all the scholarly criticism too because it just makes the books so much more interesting. It also makes it a lot more confusing when you're trying to figure out which books you've actually read versus what you've just researched or studied. That's when I decided I needed to keep a reading list. Not just of the books I want to read, which only grows, never diminishes, but of the books that I have read, and what I thought about them.

I'm hoping this will force me to read more. When I was a child you couldn't tear me away from my books, and in college I was an English major (enough said). But sadly the amount I read has significantly decreased in the past few years, and this is my plan to remedy that.

This is my personal diary, my very own book club, my love letter to literature. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment